Sunday, July 3, 2016

An Introduction to ME!

Hello, my name is Acacia Gillum. I’m currently a 21-year-old college student at Prairie view A&M University. I have one child, Bryce Jalon McKinney II, who is 6 months old, and is the apple of my eye. This is my fourth year enrolled but I have changed my major so much that I am technically a sophomore in college. Starting off I jumped from accounting, to mechanical engineering, to nursing, and finally I settled down and figured out that education was a good spot for me. I wanted to go into education because I know that there are a lot of teachers out there who do not have a real passion for children and do not care if they succeed later in life or not. It is a sad reality that some teachers wake up miserable and go into the school house just to collect a check with no regard for that little human who’s minds you are supposed to be molding to be the future of this country. I found this article today about reasons to be a teacher and I think it fits perfectly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment