Monday, July 4, 2016

My Degree Plan Situation

In case you guys did not catch it in my first post, or if I did not seem to mention it, I am in college to get my Bachelors Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies: Early Childhood to 6th grade. I love my university, do not get me wrong. Being an African American woman, I feel that it is an awesome importunity to attend a HBCU.  I love the student body (the people who are actually enrolled, not the visiting hooligans) and the professors who actually care about their students. Now to the title of my post, the crazy degree requirements. My school is requiring all education majors to take a geography course that is NOT OFFERED AT THE UNIVERSITY. Meaning I would have to go to a community college and pay out of pocket just to take a class required for me to graduate from the university. That makes absolutely no sense to me. Other than that, I feel that all of the classes on the degree plan will actually help me going out into my field. They really do take you back to the basics, to get an understanding from a child's point of view. I do not have a link for you guys this time. Sorry.

1 comment: